25 August 2013

One long night

I'm in the process of painting a birthday gift for my father-in-law, and so far it looks so horrible that I just cannot sleep. I'm so bad with making gradient with acrylics when I'm too tired, I just try so hard that I keep messing up the same things over and over again. So I needed to take a break, watch some television for a while and wander around internet, read all about great art and artists as if that would magically help me..

Then I ran into this. It's a technique called drybrushing, it can be used with oils or acrylics, and it just seems like a miracle to this moment. Because even though it makes the final works a bit harder to store, it makes drawing faster and painting easier and cleaner, especially with backgrounds and shadows (that I'm fighting with!), since you can add it with a big fluffy brush to wide areas yet do the ctrl+z with a normal rubber. I'm so exited to start trying and showing the results in here, I hope you all get inspired as I do!

I just don't know if I can ever go to sleep now.

No comments: