3 February 2017

Acrylic studies


Even thought I've been a bit quiet over here in the blog, it doesn't mean I haven't been painting and drawing constantly. I'm, as usual, having big plans with acrylic paints, but also after a long, long time I have been able to continue some ancient works of mine, which have been in progress for years! At the moment I'm working on two to four paintings, and in between I study the techniques on small sketches. So even though I don't have much to show at the moment, I do keep myself busy!

Besides the big projects I try to keep learning the painting methods and techniques by practicing, practicing and practicing. I try to get the sense on mixing the colors, and using the brush effectively without needing to spend too much of my time simply fixing the mistakes, like I'm used to. I also have started finding out which tools are the most comfortable for my use! It's quite thrilling.

Here you can see a portion of the sketches and paintings I've done this week!


The very lovely poses I painted are based on the stock photos of Sarah




Here an incomplete study on Anya by Anna Shakina, and below a drawing of a screen shot of a film. Both done with my favourite faber-castell graphite pencil on 4B.


 






The bird and a skull are just overall nice little warm-up paintings, both done using a reference image found somewhere in the internet.

And finally some very common face paintings, mostly made within half an hour each. I still think the brush strokes are slightly more in my control than they used to, and I thought it might be interesting to see the details of the paintings I do nowadays.

Click for bigger images!




No comments: